200ci Electric fan install

Thanks Frankenstang. Its a huge relief having it not overheat all the time.

I actually had the system switched to a Sanden and R134. R12 is definitely a faster, technically more efficient, coolant than R134. But it still shouldn't take but a few more minutes to cool the car down. My Comet is a factory air car with the in dash registers. Not an underdash like the Mustangs of the era. So, my system in the original, albeit rebuilt, case under the dash, a new Sanden compressor, new dryer with freon pressure switch, and a new condenser on the front side of the radiator.

Its back at the AC shop right getting the compressor clutch micro-switch replaced and the aligned with the AC/Heat door in the case. When they rebuilt and installed the case the switch wasn't aligned with the door correctly. So, the door didn't close completely, shutting off the heat, and would eventually slip past the micro-switch shutting off the compressor. When I found the problem and shut the AC off, the door came open and snapped the lever off the micro-switch. Since the case has to come out to replace the switch, I'll leave it to them to correct the problem.

Cross fingers I'm chillin' this time tomorrow! :D :nod:

Back