Adding to the Aluminum Excitement...

Well, we are selling the heads already. We've taken the al casting to some big names in the high performance bussiness to get their opinion after detailed inspection of the head, the consensus is that they are very good, and most of them are impressed by the casting quality, and some of the unique features of the head, uncommon for a garden variety aftermarket product, but not in the case of a top notch handcrafted racing item like this head. That also assured the investors what I knew all along, these heads are second to none in terms of design and quality.
We also plan on offering the buyers expert advice on how to setup their engines properly, taking advantage of the 30+ racing expertise we have here in Argentina with these engines.
We invested most of our efforts, with the help of these "big names" developing a cost effective valvetrain package,that's at the same time good enough to allow the heads to perform up to their true potential.
We can only go that fast, and I think that soon enough, there will be a few cars featuring the head, and trust me, the buyers are serious about power. The argie heads in any of their forms, have so far performed as I expected, and I hope this product will raise the bar high enough so the inline six crowd will be able to battle head-to-head with V8 guys and some other racing types.

Expect pics of an argentinian drag racing falcon (360 hp@6000 rpms) sporting one of the al heads very soon.

The problem is, people here want to see some true HP numbers in a real world setup. Your web site has said "Dino day comming soon" for several months now.

WhitePony":1q38nksx said:
The problem is, people here want to see some true HP numbers in a real world setup. Your web site has said "Dino day comming soon" for several months now.

yup
after all, the Tornado also claims to add signifigant HP numbers as well
you need hard numbers if you're going to sell this

Southern Cross Racer":2cu3ssng said:
Expect pics of an argentinian drag racing falcon (360 hp@6000 rpms) sporting one of the al heads very soon.

Here is one from Mandarina Racing's website:

tc01a.jpg

300 hp 188ci inline six from Argentina

Although, is that head iron or aluminum...?

Southern Cross Racer":2q2xpvvf said:
I think that soon enough, there will be a few cars featuring the head, and trust me, the buyers are serious about power.

I am trying to put together the funds for one. It will be a turbocharged version. I think once my Sea-Doo XP is sold I will be placing an order.

Southern Cross Racer":2q2xpvvf said:
I hope this product will raise the bar high enough so the inline six crowd will be able to battle head-to-head with Vee-Eight guys

I am already faster than some V8 cars, running a best of 13.87 (and that is lifting off the throttle twice) the first time out at the track with the new fuel system mods.

It scares me and excites me at the same time at the thought of what my car would be capable of running with lots of boost and with that head on it. I am suspecting high 11's would be a piece of cake. That would effectively change the setting from "stun" to "KILL"
!

SP AluminumHead":33t0zxns said:
patience grasshoppa :)
no need for patience, i've got stuff comin in soon
but back in March you guys said mid April

i know that a lot happens with stuff like this, but i'm sort of flabbergasted to hear that you guys are selling these without dyno numbers

asa67_stang":28gtelb1 said:
but i'm sort of flabbergasted to hear that you guys are selling these without dyno numbers

Maybe only to some.
An explanation for the sales? Here is why:

Southern Cross Racer":28gtelb1 said:
taking advantage of the 30+ racing expertise we have here in Argentina with these engines..

I think a country where a 188 cube engine can make 300 HP, N/A, through waht looks like a Weber carb,(above photo) is a pretty good reference.

How about this and this. These photos were sent to us by the aluminum heads' designer. This falcon produces 360hp @ 6000 RPMs using a 221 motor and the same aluminum head fhat SCP is currently offering. It competes in the Category 9 division, where the cars average 12 seconds in the quarter mile, NATURALLY ASPIRATED.

falcon1.jpg

falcon2.jpg

that kicks ass, don't get me wrong
but what about the stock 200 that you were going to test it on?

360HP is possible, i'm sure Does10s could do that with a bit of giggle gas and some mild building
but that's not a stock engine

asa67_stang":11gb8kt7 said:

Ya talkin' ta me?? 8)

HONESTLY NOW - who would bolt this head on a "STOCK" engine?? Most people are going to do a lot of upgrades to the engine they have long before dropping the $$$$$$ on one of those heads. We gotta be truthful here. I am very sure this head will provide heaps more power over a stock log head on a stock engine, but most people can't resist the urge to keep the rest of the engine "ALL STOCK".

I don't really think it is very realistic to try to dyno this head on a stock engine. Who wants to take the time to do that?

asa67_stang":11gb8kt7 said:
360HP is possible, i'm sure Does10s could do that with a bit of giggle gas and some mild building
but that's not a stock engine

It won't be long, and I think Will, (does10's) Kelly and I need to get together for some friendly "King of the Hill" racing!

I got a ways to go, but I am catching up quick.....

Besides - - - - Inliner, Southern Cross Perf and Aluminum SP never said they would try to get 360 HP from a stock engine with just a head swap, they are just providing some examples of what the head is capable of.

OK, OK, not exactly stock. But their stated build is pretty close to what alot of folks here have done:

SCP is putting the SP head to the test. Just how well will a "SP" cylinder head perform on a common street driven 200 engine? Stay tuned.

Current engine specs:
- SP head and intake, cleanup porting job, 3 angle, 1.75" / 1.50" valves, 9.5:1 CR
- 200 block, stock rods & pistons, SCP camshaft
- Duraspark II & Holley 500 carburetor

But rolling out a 360hp drag monster, while impressive, won't give the average guy here much to go on as to how the head will make THEIR car perform.

Linc's 200":2m5ae6ct said:
asa67_stang":2m5ae6ct said:

Ya talkin' ta me?? 8)

HONESTLY NOW - who would bolt this head on a "STOCK" engine??
anyone who wants to get proof of how much power the head alone will add

let me give you two scenarios:
1)you're buying a part from someone, they say that it will double your HP, but they have no proof
2)you're buying a part from someone, and they show you dyno graphs of what the engine will do with just one non stock part

which would you buy?
it's not about "it doesn't make sense to toss it on a stock engine" it's about backing up your claims, and getting more people interested in your product

if i was in the market for a new head, i'd decide which to get based on two things 1) price 2) which makes more power
thus the reason you do a dyno run with a stock engine

Linc's 200":2m5ae6ct said:
Besides - - - - Inliner, Southern Cross Perf and Aluminum SP never said they would try to get 360 HP from a stock engine with just a head swap, they are just providing some examples of what the head is capable of.
a stock 250, with a cam shaft change, an upgrade in ignition, ARP fasteners, and a turbo will send a car down the 1/4 in 12 seconds
is that a good argument for keeping your engine mostly stock? no, not at all, but it's a good example of what the engine is capable of with some tweaking

methinks you missed the point, which was they promised dyno runs showing exactly what the head was capable of, not showing us a drag only car that can make 360HP

Look, I'd buy too if I had something real to go on.

What is the problem with installing the head on an otherwise stock engine and showing us what it will do?

You want me to buy? Then show me what I am buying.

I have been following this thread for awhile. I do not want to stir anything up but, I see some good points mentioned.

Everything I see written is saying that I can bolt up this head and make a monster that will compete with a V8. Plus, you add the experience from the Argie's 30+ years who have made 300+hp beasts.

This is a little misleading. To make a car with that much power is going to cost a little more than just adding a head.

Just look at my build with the Oz head. My engine is not stock and it dyno'ed at 132hp. So if I take off my Oz head and add the Argie Aluminum Head I will get 232hp? Cough, Cough.

65coupei6":3strwtoo said:
To make a car with that much power is going to cost a little more than just adding a head.

I guess I have to be the devil's advocate......

I have been around engines for so long and have been doing this for so many years that I would never assume the claims are based on a stock engine.

Maybe somebody needed to clarify that the 100 HP gain would only come from an engine that is highly modified and can't make any more power than it currently does because the weakest link in the chain is the head.

OK, having said that, let's try to use some common sense.
Well.... maybe I am taking liberties again, because sense that is "common" to someone who has built and raced an engine is not "common" to someone that has not.

To be really fair, someone needs to test a few heads on the flowbench (stock log, aussie 2V, argie iron, alum SP) and then that data can be used (within a reaonable error range) on computerized engine simulators, and you can get an idea from that. It would save a lot of dyno time and $$$$.

For the time being, lets settle this arguement by saying it flows more air than an iron Argie head. Exactly how much more remains to be seen, but give these guys some breaks. They are trying to bring to market what looks to be a really fantastic design. I know you are all crying for cold hard data, but I would assume (there I go again, assuming...) that anyone can see this head has TONS of potential, especially compared with the pathetic choices commonly available to us at this time.

I'm impressed by the engine. But the intake and the carburetion are not quite what I was expecting to see. Just a tad on the elaborate side for a daily driver.
Doug

Linc's 200":1plw502b said:
I have been around engines for so long and have been doing this for so many years that I would never assume the claims are based on a stock engine.

To be really fair, someone needs to test a few heads on the flowbench (stock log, aussie 2V, argie iron, alum SP) and then that data can be used (within a reaonable error range) on computerized engine simulators, and you can get an idea from that. It would save a lot of dyno time and $$$$.

what if you were told (as we've been) that it was on a stock engine?
and i also seem to remember hearing that we'd get flow numbers for both the iron and Al heads, that i'd have to go back and check on, but if i'm right then that info is also missing

Back