Document my 200ci Turbo build

challenger6

Well, Since everyone here so far has been so helpful , I thought that I would start a thread to keep up with my engine/car build. Any positive or negative criticism is welcome. After ordering my dished JE pistons and timing set from Mike, I disassembled a 1965 and a 1981 200 engine. I then started working on the forged C3 connection rods. I spent a couple of hours working on the beams of the rods. After I used three steps to remove the casting lines, I then ran them in a shot-peen machine to get them to this point. They are now headed to my shop to start prepping them for Micro-slick, then they will be getting a new set of ARP bolts. The pics are after they came out of the shot-peen. I will post pics after they are coated too. More to come________Lee

3416341751_96bd35d1b6.jpg

3417147222_f992d55335.jpg

The big and small ends will be weighed along with pistons, rings, bearings, pins, and even a drop or 2 of oil. The entire rotating assembly will be balanced along with the balancer and flexplate. After coating them, they are off to Keith Craft Racing for ARP bolts, resizing, and bored for floating pins. Pins are also going to be DLC coated.

I coated my C3 rods yesterday and they turned out nice. I use a product called Micro-Slick on these. Works great and is slippery when wet. PICS up soon.

i m jealous of all the people who have the means to do thi sbalencing readily available, i think around here i'd have to pay big bucks to get it all done....

Back