Good oil/additive for cleaning sludge?

New carb or old carb, it doesn't matter, you're not putting the water in the float bowl, you're just injecting the water into the air stream...no damage done...when the water is introduced to the combustion chamber and the fuel is ignited, the water turns into a super heated pressure washer and some of the water molecules are actually ignited into hydrogen which burns very quickly and hotter then gasoline which will help remove the carbon build up....this is why you need the rpm past 1500rpm because when you introduce the water, it will want to die cuz you are decreasing the air to fuel ratio.

Dave 8)

use delvac deisel oil that works pretty good i used it in a 302 for 5 months and when i popped the intake off if was clean as new in the lifter valley that is good stuff just run it for a while and change the filter regularly

warponyxlt":2m25tao4 said:
use delvac deisel oil that works pretty good i used it in a 302 for 5 months and when i popped the intake off if was clean as new in the lifter valley that is good stuff just run it for a while and change the filter regularly

warponyxlt,

Where can I buy this Delvac Diesel Oil and how much do I put in the motor?

I am a bit skeptical about engine Sludge Cleaners because some people say that after using them their engine became noisier.

My engine has a lot of sludge build up on the valve train but it is pretty quiet.

any truck stop or even a walmart another is rotella they say that they have more of a lubricating mineral or some thing that is good for wear resistance. its good cause if you get it on dirty fingers it will clean them up good i never noticed any harm in using it in my trucks they all run good even though i abuse them daily.

Back