New Project Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Steven is on to something. If you put a high output turbo 250 in front of a T5 you may not have a transmission at the end of the day. How much horsepower are you thinking?

time to trow in my parts mike ? the disk brake setups ? struttower setup ? the new type motormounths with poly , 9 "" rear IRS !

how about the alu suspension coil over , got 1 set here !!

comming up are spring pearche made from aluminum , roller bearing . a full body spring pearch , verry stabiel .

and the R/P setup with electric power pomp . i already got 1 costumer here running with it .

got lots of more new items , this would be nice for the car to experimend and test the part .

I picked up the car last weekend and have been busy stripping it down and getting it ready to go to the body shop on Friday. Its being painted Chrome Yellow with a dark gray hood.

On Monday, the 21st, it is going to a local mustang resto shop to have the suspension, steering, and brakes installed. Opentracker supplied all the roller parts they make, and the Mustang Shop is suppling a rack and pinion setup, subframe connectors, and all the labor. Baer is suppose to come thru with disc brakes, but haven't got a firm confirmation yet. Hope to nail that down tomorrow. Modern Driveline may pitch in and help with the tranny and clutch, and another company donated a 355 posi-track rearend. Mustang Plus is also donating some parts, but not sure exactly what yet. Jim Smart is working with them.

Will and Kelly are building the motor, using a 250 block, the proto type aluminum head, triple TBI's, and a turbo. Not only should it snap your head back, it should turn a few as well. :D

I'm working on the cosmetics and the interior, over the few days I get to have it between the painters and the suspension install. Then we plan to drop the motor in on the weekend of the 26th.

If all goes well, we hope to have it ready to make the trip to Birmingham the following Tuesday. But if we don't quite make it in time, it will definitely be ready in time for the show in Vegas at the end of Sept.

Primeda is set to photograph the suspension, steering, brakes, and engine install, for an article in Mustang & Fords this fall.

AzCoupe":3eodnmrf said:
Will and Kelly are building the motor, using a 250 block, the proto type aluminum head, triple TBI's, and a turbo. Not only should it snap your head back, it should turn a few as well. :D

This is the setup I'd kill for in my '69 Falcon... I can't wait to see the details of the buildup.

AzCoupe":10r3lc8q said:
I'm working on the cosmetics and the interior, over the few days I get to have it between the painters and the suspension install. Then we plan to drop the motor in on the weekend of the 26th.

i have an idea as little as possible

69Falcon":1ymw1eya said:
AzCoupe":1ymw1eya said:

Hey Mike, I'm curious what headers you will be using since this is a 250 with I assume a low mount starter?

All I gots to say is a big Texas " YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW"
I can't wait to see the end results....no great advice or ideas to offer at the moment but dang it I is gonna be waitin anxious! 8)

Gene Fiore":130c4va3 said:
Hey Mike, I'm curious what headers you will be using since this is a 250 with I assume a low mount starter?

Will & Kelly are making a custom turbo manifold for it.

hey mike im a little confused about how ur gonna split the air evenly between the triple tbi and not have one or two of them getting more air than the rest

that and the pressurized air will want to naturally equalize across the whole system.

sounds like it will be one bad ass motor.

turbo_fairlane_200":12rrm5gb said:
a plenum will take care of it.

Correct! A plenum is the only thing that'll fit between the throttle bodies and the shock tower. It's very tight!
I just received the intercooler and it's HUGE! 26"x12"x3". The beauty of a '69 Mustang is that it's got a bunch of room up front!
Already have the turbo, FAST, engine harness, etc.
I hope everything comes together in time for next weekend!
Building a car in three days sounds like fun, but it's a lot of stress to make sure we have everything there, when we need it!

Chip Foose.....eat your heart out!

Will

Guess they painted the car today, at least that was the plan. I'll post pics of the paint job tomorrow night or Saturday morning, as I'll be picking it up tomorrow afternoon and working on the interior over the weekend.

Its going to be a miracle if we pull this all off, as planned. :shock: ;)

I'm just dying to see the new head and induction system installed, and to see the dyno results. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back