New Project Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does10s":pn3jb4f4 said:
turbo_fairlane_200":pn3jb4f4 said:
a plenum will take care of it.

Correct! A plenum is the only thing that'll fit between the throttle bodies and the shock tower. It's very tight!
I just received the intercooler and it's HUGE! 26"x12"x3". The beauty of a '69 Mustang is that it's got a bunch of room up front!
Already have the turbo, FAST, engine harness, etc.
I hope everything comes together in time for next weekend!
Building a car in three days sounds like fun, but it's a lot of stress to make sure we have everything there, when we need it!

Chip Foose.....eat your heart out!

Will

Wish I was close enough to help.....sounds like fun!! :D :D :D

Good luck!!

Doug

It looks like a race car, not a show car. Lots of small dings and dents, ripples in the body panels, and you can see where the bondo is. But that's what it's suppose to look like, right?

They also painted the hood wrong. It was suppose to be a dark charcoal gray, not battleship gray. And I wanted the full width of the hood painted, with a yellow band across the front. Oh well, I can have it repainted in a couple weeks, unless it grows on me. I'm going to try black pin stripes down each side of the gray.

Maybe someday, when I'm rich, I can have it repainted and pay to have the body massaged. But for now, it looks just fine. We simply didn't have the time to let it sit in the bodyshop for several days, or the money.

Sure looks different tho.................. The last pic is a little playing arround with photoshop.

It looks like a race car, not a show car. Lots of small dings and dents, ripples in the body panels, and you can see where the bondo is. But that's what it's suppose to look like, right?

They also painted the hood wrong. It was suppose to be a dark charcoal gray, not battleship gray. And I wanted the full width of the hood painted, with a yellow band across the front. Oh well, I can have it repainted in a couple weeks, unless it grows on me. I'm going to try black pin stripes down each side of the gray.

Maybe someday, when I'm rich, I can have it repainted and pay to have the body massaged. But for now, it looks just fine. We simply didn't have the time to let it sit in the bodyshop for several days, or the money.

Sure looks different tho.................. The last pic is a little playing arround with photoshop.

It will be at the Las Vegas show at the end of Sept, out on the autocross course. With Will behind the wheel, I think? I sure hope he doesn't take out to many cones and make fools of us all. :D :D :D

Spent the day at the Mustang Shop, just trying to help out any way I could, without getting in the way. They got the sub frame connectors on, third members in, about half way thru the suspension, and started on the brake kit.

I was amazed at the help we got from the various suppliers. All really cool people. Our own OpenTracker, Mustangs Plus, Baer Brakes, Center Force, Stam-Bar, Edlebrock, Global West, Cal Pony Cars, JMC Motor Sports, Clay Smith Cams, The Mustang Shop, and Primeda. And more parts are still coming. I'll post some pics tomorrow night, if I get home before midnight.

AzCoupe":19hfproy said:
With Will behind the wheel, I think? I sure hope he doesn't take out to many cones and make fools of us all. :D :D :D

Thanks for the confidence boost there Mike! LOL! :D
Later,
Will

AzCoupe wrote:
With Will behind the wheel, I think? I sure hope he doesn't take out to many cones and make fools of us all.

Thanks for the confidence boost there Mike! LOL!
Later,
Will

I predict a dragrace flashback, "The drag racer nails it and five gears later there is a straight path right thru the middle of the cones" :p :LOL:

I think he will do fine. Once he developes the ability to actualy see a course thru the cones. The first time around it is dificult to recognise a path.

Well, she's back on the trailer, headed for my shop later tonight. I have a two hour break before meeting Will & Kelly, and Jim at 9PM to start on the motor. Going to be a late night.

The stance is high now, as we don't know where its going to sit once all the motors in, parts are back on, and she's gassed up. At hat point, will will adjust it down so she's sittin pretty. I love the Torque Thrust wheels. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back