T04b housing help

I dont have the turbo with me (its in TN and Im on vacation in Florida) and all I know is that it is a turbo used for machinery, possibly a tractor of osme sort. It has a .98 A/R and Im not sure anything else. It is brand new, never used from turbodriven.com
Matt

I seriously doubt you'd get a .70 into surge with a 200, even a built one (based on a .48-.60 turbine). The head just won't flow enough to accomplish any type of high-boost levels. I'll stick to my reccomendation of smaller turbine, with a similar sized compressor wheel.

That 1st turbo looks OK; it'll make easy mid-level boost on a 200.

it does look good . be weary of the quality from these sellers , i bought a wastegate and it was a second it machining to get it to open the valve all the way
. otherwise good midrange, dont expect 530hp though dont know how thats possible with a medium compresor....

Hmmmnn.... I get 467.7 CFM. How are you arriving at that?

Here's what I did:

(cid*RPM*.5*Ve)/1728 for N/A flowrate. It comes to (200*5000*.5*.8)/1728 = 231.48 CFM

Pressure ratio = (Patm + Boost)/Patm = (14.7+15)/14.7= 2.02

N/A flowrate * Pressure ratio = Boost flowrate = 231.48 * 2.02 = 467.7 CFM.

Is ther a critical assumption I've missed someplace?

To avoid further thread-jacking, I'm going to start a new discussion topic on "airflow calcs under boost"

--mikey

OHC,
Are you sayin I should stick with what I have and just tracck down another housing? Im new to all this, hence why Im asking all these questions. I just want a turbo that will be the best for my application. Little or no lag and wont run out of breath up top. I want it to be able to handle anything I throw its way and be capable of adapting to further modifications. If you would help me with this, and help me find WHERE to get ahold of this stuff I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Matt

ill sell you a brand new t04b with a .58 exh/.66int housings, and a Tial 38mm wastegate both brand new, with all flanges, gaskets ect, wastegate still in the box for $650.

Scottie, I PMed you

Heres all the info that you can get off the turbo itself

Borg Warner T04B
P/N 3B099
MOD T04B
S/N F2503 1482
.96 A/R

I emailed a guy from turbodriven and he says the turbo is for a Deutz/Allis Agricultural Tractor.

I can get a housing that was listed as ".58 OCUND P trim" For $150. Should I go for this or just trade off or sell this turbo andd go for somethin different? Any help figuring this out would be awesome
Matt

Back