Time to ask for help. Timing and tuning problems.

Glad i bought t-handle valve cover bolts lol. The new chrome valve cover i bought (come to find out it's chinese :unsure: ) makes the bolts impossible to get to with a socket.

Thanks folks. Sorry it takes me forever to make progress. I'm lucky if i get literally 5 minutes under the hood.

:beer: well if your making any progress at all then it's all good, it will go faster too as you get more and more comfortable! Good luck :nod:

"...takes me forever to make progress…"
don't worry, bro. (I've used the hell outta my bronk since '83 but) you've made more mods than me in that whole time…
Money & Time, Money & Time….
:unsure:

I'm betting your lifters are pre loaded. This has a huge effect on vacuum. I'm glad you are going in the right direction. I'm glad my rockers are adjustable. I've heard shimming the rocker shaft pedestals is acceptable, unless that is where your oil feeds from, mostly the solid lifter motors I think. I would research adjustable rockers, rocker ratios and upgrades to your rocker arms in general, especially if there is wear to the shaft or the rocker arms itself. We used to disassemble and clean and inspect these things all the time. Some well worn rocker arms may have tips that are gouged (this will match the tip of the valve) or may be egg shaped ( this may match it's home on the shaft, but the shaft is harder steel). Be careful and put them back the way they came apart if you try this. If you look close you may see the rocker arm creeping over some of the valves which are supposed to be closed. You want all the push rods that are in the closed position to easily roll between your thumb and finger. good luck

Back