'76 F250 Turbo Build

drag-200stang

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2021
Will high impedance siemens deka 107961 60 lbs. 630cc work? They say they idle well on the smaller grand national engine.

pmuller9

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Supporter 2021
The Siemens Deka 107961 60# injector has a Minimum linear PW: 1.5 ms
The ACCEL 150144 - 44# Hr Fuel Injector has a Minimum linear PW: 1.22 ms

The Accel 44# injector will have a minimum linear injector flow rate that is 40% less than the Siemens Deka 60# injector.
The Accel injector will be better at providing a stable idle and very low rpm injection flow.

Last edited:

drag-200stang

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2021
Paul, you are not helping me get rid of the physically too long inj. for what I am doing.;) The vender wrongly sent me, when I ordered short length. :banghead:

Last edited:

drag-200stang

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2021
I was just kidding you, of course you know that. I tried to send them back to Canada but could not get a received sig. through the US mail, only thing near me. I figured that I would end up with a shipping bill, no money and no injectors. Like what usually happens to me. The money does not bother me, it is the jerk around that does.

pmuller9

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Supporter 2021
Will a stock style fuel rail support the flows needed for that size Injector, or would I be looking for a made to fit rail?
I don't know how much fuel flow the stock rail will support before seeing a significant pressure difference from one end to the other.
If you want to be sure that all injectors see the same pressure, I would use a larger rail.
You will need a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator at the return end of the rail.

Last edited:

jgavac

Found success with the late model EFI aluminum thermostat housing. its shaped a bit different than the carbureted cast iron unit, and it clears the Aussiespeed valve cover.

20220522_140842.jpg

20220522_142538.jpg

I also noticed the heater hole in the promaxx head is ever so slightly misaligned. Shouldn't be enough to cause any issues, especially since it is just the heater line.

20220522_135734.jpg

bubba22349

Top Poster
Staff member
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
REDLINE 10K
Engines looking Great! with a little grinder work to taper the Head's inlet and that Heater / T Stat Bypass Hole will work great.

JPierce

Found success with the late model EFI aluminum thermostat housing. its shaped a bit different than the carbureted cast iron unit, and it clears the Aussiespeed valve cover.

Funny to see this. I had the same problem. I put on an old thermostat housing and thought I made a mistake with the VC design until I remembered the taller housing.

VC to water spout.jpg

JPierce

Yeah it's my second design. The first one had smaller fins closer together but the foundry had to much trouble getting a clean mold off the patterns.

jgavac

Not too much to update at the moment;

• I finally remembered to order the screws to plug thr thermactor holes, so that's done. And I've sent the oil pan off for a quick sandblast (it had been cleaned at the engine shop, but I didn't get around to painting it right away so it started rusting).
  • I got final measurements done and the part modeled, so I'm going to be sending out an order for the oil pump spacer here soon as well.
  • I was a bit surprised to find shops really close to me that specializes in aftermarket EFI tuning (including MS), and another race shop that was stoked to work on turbo exhaust/charge pipe routing, and would be willing to make the upper intake plenum.
  • I'm looking to order up my new fuel tank soon, I'm getting one from a company that specifically makes an under bed fuel tank for my Highboy (thanks for the narrow frame Ford), that will be prepped for an in-tank fuel pump. I wanted to keep usability of the in cab tank since that's part of the uniqueness, but a pump in that tank would be too loud, and having dual tanks and an external fuel pump sounds like a hassle.

I had grabbed a new oil pickup tube off Summit Racing, based on a '76 F250 application it spit back the Melling 74-S1 pickup, but it doesn't look right. Seems like it's more for an oil pan with a mid sump, while mine is a rear sump. The Melling 74-S2 for the late model trucks looks a lot closer to what I think it should look like, but I'm not sure what the oil pans on those look like. Can anyone confirm?

20220611_183621.jpg

pmuller9

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Supporter 2021
You are correct.
The short pickup you show in hand is for the mid sump pan.
The Melling 74-S2 is for the rear sump and the rear support bolts to the 5th main cap.
You will notice that one of your old main cap bolts has a stud sticking up from it that the support bolts to.