how much horsepower

The answer to your question depends on two things: 1.) How much money do you have? and 2.) How long do you want it to last?

2000 HP wouldn't be unreasonable if you were to invest - say $35,000 and expect it to last 4 to 5 minutes.

Seriously, when you do the hop-up tricks discussed repeatedly here, Carb, Cam, Head, Ignition, Exhaust, and Compression will run you about $800.00 and get you 160 to 180 HP.

Good Luck

Hot 6t Falcon":1fqgr8l0 said:
2000 HP wouldn't be unreasonable if you were to invest - say $35,000 and expect it to last 4 to 5 minutes.
:D That would be cool!

anthony":26grz6ll said:
how much horsepower can i get out of a 200

This reads like a "should I swap in a V8?" question.

Well put though Dennis.

how much money are you looking to spend? natural aspirated or turbo/supercharger/nos?
i plan to push about 300 outta my 250 but many people say it wont so we'll have to wait and see

hipogranadasix":20w8up8n said:
how much money are you looking to spend? natural aspirated or turbo/supercharger/nos?
i plan to push about 300 outta my 250 but many people say it wont so we'll have to wait and see

Build that 250 to handle it and run nitrous through it. You can build a 200hp 250 so a hundred shot of nitrous should put you at or very near that 300hp mark.

:D i was thinking later on once i have everything worked out and see wht the car is running and what not of putting on some nos but i wasn't sure
i know we need more top end power and nos would provide that but with the log head i dunno if i would be getting enough air. i dunno just thoughts i guess we'll have to see what happens

Back