Ford 2.3L turbo motor

I had an 84 turbocoupe back in the day (roller cam, porting, turbo, front mount intercooler) wrecked it.

brother had a stock 88 TC he drove for a couple years

i also had a 86 merkur.....swapped a 87TC harness and ecu from a parts car in it along with a SVO turbo so I could put a intercooler on it. drove it for a month and sold it.

they are tanks of motors and were designed in the late 1960's early 1970's (pretty much a scaled up 2.0L pinto motor) aftermarket aluminum heads are available but $$$ for weight savings.

I would rather just do a zetec. keep it simple and toss a jacksom racing eaton setup on it if you want some fun street power.

that little car RWD or FWD? you can get a T5 bell for a zetec here in the US for a few bills.

I would look into a 1.6L out of a miata. you can get a turbo kit for them CHEAP. are light and rwd.

My 93 Capri XR2 turbo had the same B6T turbo motor and with a few mods can easily be bumped from 135hp to 175 hp.

The Capri XR2's had a badly restricted tiny air inlet in the driver side inner fender so when I put a K&N air fliter in it my dad and I cut the bottom of the airbox out and ran a giant GM diesel truck air inlet tube to pickup down toward bottom of radiator. After that it was almost like a different car. Thing ran like a rocket and had no rev limiter.

Later added 2.5" exhaust but had to bump fuel pressure as it wanted to run lean. A car mag back then did a piece on a hot rodded Capri XR2 and owner was able to get a Mustang in tank pump into the Capri gas tank and used a adjustable FPR.

Interesting stuff.... My British car is a RWD car.

I had not thought of a Miata power train. I wonder about the electical part of the EFI / computer stuff. I would need to strip away various bits of the wire harness. I wonder if the engine wiring side is separated from the chassis side like some vehicles are?

My Capri's B6T turbo motor had a vane air meter. IIRC the N/A B6's are mass air.

Some of the 2001 and later Rangers had a 2.3L Duratec 4 cyl with DOHC aluminum head and they are already setup for RWD and use SFI.

The 2.3L makes 143hp and 154ft.lbs.

If you're not set on using a Ford or Ford-related engine, the Toyota 2RZ-FE(2.4L, 142hp@5000/160lbs@4000) and 3RZ-FE(2.7L,150hp@4800/177lbs@4000) engines from the '94+ Tacomas and T100s might be worth looking into. Both have iron blocks, aluminum DOHC heads, and I think the engine harness is stand alone like with the older 22R-E. These engines were also optioned with a TRD supercharger(dealer-installed...I think), now available through LC Engineering(http://www.lcengineering.com/).

I have one I'm building for a pro-Street Pinto project, Boport Stage 3 head and cam, you can use the stock comp. and wiring, I have all the info on that, end up with about 20 wires is all going to the Comp. and only 3 wires to hook up, (ground, keyed power and constant power.

Back