Pro charger mount

Do you have the Callies/Compstar rods and pistons yet?
Are you still using the 240 head?

What are you planning for a compression Ratio?

Last edited:
Ended up not using the callies rod I'll have to look back for the part number and application but i recall the rod being a 351 rod, still using the 240 head since its ready to be installed, the compression ratio will be 9:1

Ford small block V8 rods are only .825" wide at the big end while the 240/300 rods are .992"
What did you do to keep the rod centered on the crank journal?

Talked to my machinest today, hes going to double check in the morning but hes thinking a small block chevy rod and custom piston is what were goin to use 6.2" rod and if side clearance is too much well use bushings.

Talked to my machinest today, hes going to double check in the morning but hes thinking a small block chevy rod and custom piston is what were goin to use 6.2" rod and if side clearance is too much well use bushings.
Why not use the Compstar Rod which has the correct width big end?

I asked and he said it was too wide and the rod journal was too big, has anybody actually used the compstar rods that you know of?

The 300 rod big end is .992" and the Compstar BBC rod big ends are .990"
The rod journal on the Compstar rods I specified are the same as the SBC rods at 2.100"
They are classified as a Small Journal BBC connecting rod.
Look at the specs.

There have been two sets purchased by members here but the engines are not complete yet.
I would have hoped that your machinist was aware that BBC rods were available in small journal size.

Do not use a SBC rod!

Last edited:
Well he's double checking before parts get ordered but i gave him the ok to get the parts he wants to use.
Please make him aware of the small journal Compstar BBC rod.
You can also check Molnar to see if their "H" beam Ford 300 rod is available yet.

See post #72 and #78

Last edited:
Emailed molnar today they said they have rods for a 300 but havent emailed price and availability for them yet i would imagine I'll hear from them tomorrow.

Molnar was quick to get back they have press fit h beam rods in stock and full floater rods will be available end of September price is 630 plus shipping seems pretty reasonable to me.

Making some progress, few parts got misplaced some where along the line so waiting on a couple pieces.

Attachments

• KIMG0195.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 15
  • KIMG0186.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 13
  • KIMG0189.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 9
  • KIMG0188.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 9
  • KIMG0198.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 7
  • KIMG0203.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 8
  • KIMG0204.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 7
  • KIMG0207.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 8
Looks really great, excellent job on all the Paint Detailing!

Thank you. I started assembly to figure out a head gasket but I've either mis calculated somewhere along the line or need to reevaluate my setup, I was aiming for 9-9.5:1 but I seem to be coming up with 8.2:1

Thank you. I started assembly to figure out a head gasket but I've either mis calculated somewhere along the line or need to reevaluate my setup, I was aiming for 9-9.5:1 but I seem to be coming up with 8.2:1
How far down from the top of the block deck is the piston at TDC

That doesn't look like a 240 head. What head did you use?

Back