turbo 200 build

Update x2?
It's been a busy two years and I've had to put the car on the back burner. I couldn't get the cam sync timed correctly and the computer would not read it so there was no spark.:( But today I took the bull by the horns, figured out the problem and got the car up and running! The idle is much smoother than the old cam and the new cooling system is working much better! I've got a few things to sort out and then the car will be back on the road - just in time for winteršŸ„¶ I'll post more when it's on the road.

Curious what type of cam sensor and trigger set-up are you using? At some point you had a modified 3.8 cam sync/oil pump drive.

Still using the same cam sensor. Here is a video of the engine with the new cam. It needs to be tuned - it's running rich. When I moved, I lost the tuner who helped with the original tune . I'm working on a lead for a local Holly expert. The new cooling system (electric water pump ) works really well - It cools the engine down from 200 to 180 in a couple of seconds. And, I am aware the brake light is out - The problem is in the steering column.

View attachment Idling engine.mov

Still using the same cam sensor. Here is a video of the engine with the new cam. It needs to be tuned - it's running rich. When I moved, I lost the tuner who helped with the original tune . I'm working on a lead for a local Holly expert. The new cooling system (electric water pump ) works really well - It cools the engine down from 200 to 180 in a couple of seconds. And, I am aware the brake light is out - The problem is in the steering column.

View attachment 18997
Sounds good. Glad your still at it.

Looks great! Nice planning and execution on the drive setup. Your new nickname is "Idler". šŸ˜† A lot of work and fun "Leggo" time there, and the header system will flow better than less-complex setups. That said, there isn't much gain under a break-point boost level (just higher iMAP/eMAP ratio), but I don't know what boost you're planning for? Which fuel?

If an option without hitting water passages, prioritizing a larger exhaust valve and porting over intake can help. Boost can overcome a slightly smaller intake valve and port if there's a choice, with potential benefits of reduced EX cam timing, etc. I haven't seen waste-spark be an issue with boost, if crazy retard for anti-lag, flat-shifting, launch rev-limiting (boost build), octane, etc, is limited. Ignition from late EX valve closing with late-burn is more of a concern at overlap with high eMAP and retard heat from det-limited fuels, IMO. That's the best attribute of your 'bag of snakes' header. :cool:

Back